Challenge: Write something (prose or poetry) where a non-human is talking or thinking; either telling the story or is the main character. Make it a tree, an animal, a rock, or anything else you can come up with.
- There is a limit of three submissions from each member per day. If you’re extremely prolific, spread out your work and post only three submissions per day.
- Post to Gather Writing Essential.
- Tag your submission with SatWE.
- Include (Saturday Writing Essential) as part of your title.
- I ask that you make your submission(s) by next Friday afternoon
"I am the 1994"
They don’t care if I’m a shambles,
I still drive thru the brambles.
My glass - Cracked or shattered,
It doesn’t really matter.
Rust and holes,
On my moral they take their tolls.
Bald, with my threads a showin’
It’s all I can do to keep from slidin’
I know my plate is outta date,
And the little sticker is 2 years late.
Haven’t seen a doc,
To check my block.
My fluids are a little low,
And gunk blocks my air flow.
Now I cruise around,
But only on the outside of town.
No scrap yard for me yet,
I still have a little life in me, I bet.