A friend sent me this, saying it was right up my writing alley! I want to pass it on to all the other Gather writers;.
One of lifeâ€™s greatest milestones for a young woman is her graduation. Whether sheâ€™s graduating from high school or college, now is the time to pass on the kind of advice that will stick with her forever. What wisdom would you share?
We have three categories for this contest. You can submit one piece of original writing per category (for a total of three):
- I Wish Iâ€™d Known (What I Know Now)
Share a life lesson or piece of advice you didnâ€™t know (but wish you had) when you were younger.
- The Best Advice I Ever Got
Did someone or something inspire you along the way? Share the inspirational words or a story from the people who have made a difference in your life.
- Between Us Girls
As a woman, you know those special things it takes to make it in the world. Share some advice or inspiration that a woman needs to know to be successful, fulfilled, and happy.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You can be sincere, funny, or anything you like. Just remember, submissions cannot exceed 2,000 characters (including spaces).
- We do NOT want quotes from famous people.
We want to hear your original words. Make sure your entries were created just for this contest;
if theyâ€™ve been published anywhere before, we canâ€™t accept them.
- Winning submissions will be compiled into a book.
- No illustrations or photos this timeâ€”only writing.
Winners will get $50 and 2 free books.