May the 4th be with you! :-)
This week has been good, but difficult too! I love having a bunch of great ideas for new stories hit me, but when several of them come at once, during the same day, I never know where to start! I'm sure you've experienced this. :-) I had it happen so many times this week that it started to frustrate me. Sigh. I can't wait until every idea has been written. :-)
And guess what?!? We FINALLY get to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time next week! I did announce to GWE and my close family and friends fairly early into my pregnancy, but something this big and important is really hard for me not to talk about with those I spend a lot of time with. I haven't told many of my friends and relatives still. Call me evil. :-) We'll be making the more general announcement sometime in the next couple of weeks. :-)
Anyway. For today's prompt, I want you to do a freestyle type response. No time limit, and you can edit as you go, if you'd like.
My rules are this:
- Once you've chosen a topic, stick to it. :-) This means no going back and forth, even if it is difficult to stick to the theme :-)
- You must mention at least one color in your post (blue, red, purple, etc.)
- It has to be at least two paragraphs in length
And that's all. :-) Here are the topics from which to choose:
- Losing with grace
- Your first crush
- Your child's first crush
- Your dream vacation
- Failing at job interviews
- Getting the job after tough interviews
As usual, if none of the above appeal to you, go ahead and find something that does. :-)
I'm really excited to read your responses! Fridays are a lot of fun for that reason, and I wish I had time to be on Gather during the rest of the week. Some day soon, I hope.
You have until Thursday, May 10, 2012 at midnight to write and post, and it can be in any format.
I will read, comment on, and feature your responses a week from today.
* Have your title say FWE or Friday Writing Essential, and have the initials "FFT" (Freestyle Friday Time!) in it.
* Make sure to post to the Writing Essential Group.
* Put FWE or Friday Writing Essentials and the initials "FFT" in your tags. (I won't find your post without these tags.)
Have an excellent week! :-)