This is a topic everyone can relate to. At some point in time most people have either been cheated on or have cheated in a relationship. It can have MANY devastating effects. This post is not intended to judge anyone or belittle anyone. It is an informative piece meant to draw attention to a subject that is very emotional or personal. Also it is for anyone going thru the heartache to find solace and maybe help themselves heal.
First I want to discuss the reasons people may cheat, although I DO NOT CONDONE cheating nor do I feel there should be any excuses.
The top reasons 5 a man will cheat:
- The thrill of it: They like the rush they get of having a secret and knowing there is a possibility the might or might not get caught.
- They feel neglected: They might feel that their significant other might not be giving them what they need.
- Greed or selfishness: They might not really care about how the partner feels, or might not be in love with them like they once were.
- Insecure: They might cheat to see if they are still desired, and found attractive.
- Mistake: They may have had a vulnerable moment for example they go to a bachelor party and he gets drunk and has a one night fling.
The top reasons a women will cheat:
- Revenge: Her partner may have cheated and she might want to hurt him back.
- Feeling of abandonment: She may feel abandoned by her partner and seeking attention elsewhere.
- Refer to the last 3 of the reason men cheat!
Now that we have that out of the way lets get into the damaging effects of cheating...
- Causes SEVERE emotional pain. Anyone who has went thru this knows exactly what I am talking about.
- Causes feelings of doubt: When you cheat on someone you give this person a feeling of being worthlessness, you cause them to have low self esteem issues, and you make them always worry that they aren’t good enough.
- Causes the person you cheated on to have trust issues: When you cheat on your partner to have severe trust issues. Because think of it this way you as their partner are the 1 person in this world who they are supposed to trust the most. When you break that trust how are they supposed to trust anyone let alone you!
- If you and your partner have children and you cheat, how are you going to explain why you and mommy (or daddies) aren’t together anymore? Then if you do tell them why what kind of example are you setting? And how are they supposed to feel that you chose an outsider over them and the other parent.
- Causes feelings of betrayal and abandonment.
Now I hope I have persuaded some of you away from infidelity, I just want you to sit and think: Is what I am about to do worth it? Is it worth my family and my integrity? Is it worth my reputation? How would I feel if my partner cheated on me?
You made a promise that you would love this ONE person for the rest of you life. So is it fair that you lie to them? In the world of love PLAY fair folks!
You all are more than welcome to offer your opinions as long as you’re respectful! If you can’t be respectful then don’t comment!