Three-hundred-and-seventy-five bottles, hanging on the wall…three-hundred-and-seventy-four, three-hundred-and-seventy-three… would it never end? The children sang. The man drove on—still haunted; ghostly voices singing songs eternally.
Challenge: Write about a road trip. Use prose or poetry and tell me a true story or make something up. How many are in the car? Where are you going? Are you running from something? What’s the weather? Does anything dangerous happen? Does anything romantic happen?
- There is a limit of three submissions from each member per day. If you’re extremely prolific, spread out your work and post only three submissions per day.
- Post to Gather Writing Essential.
- Tag your submission with SatWE.
- Include (Saturday Writing Essential) as part of your title.
- I ask that you make your submission(s) by next Friday afternoon.