- Put this challenge statement at the beginning or end of your submission so readers will know what you’re supposed to do.
Challenge: Create a story for children between two and six years old through words, pictures, or both. If through words, it has to be fewer than 200 words, preferably fewer than 150 words. If strictly through pictures, 32 pictures is the norm, but, since this is Gather, use as few as you can. The more pictures, the less words are needed.
- There is a limit of three submissions from each member per day. If you’re extremely prolific, spread out your work and post only three submissions per day.
- Post to Gather Writing Essential.
- Tag your submission with SatWE.
- Include (Saturday Writing Essential) as part of your title.I ask that you make your submission(s) by next Friday afternoon
Not Your Ordinary Rubber Ducky
This small, yellow Rubber Ducky seemed like a forgotten toy left in the bathtub.
However, this was not quite true.
This rubber duck was waiting for the monster. That horrid, awful creature that lurked in the drain. The one that sucked poor bath toys down its maw, as well as the odd toe.
But not today. No, today the pride of the Duckies was eager for action.
That monster was in his sights!
This Ducky was ready for a fight!
Screeeckk! The sound of claws on metal climbing upward.
The duck waited.
Bam! Wham! Clunk!
The monster fled, defeated by Ducky Ninja Skills.
This story is a slightly reworked version from something I posted over at Goodreads.com